Thailand is a country visited by many tourists. People from all around the world visit Thailand for recreation and fun. Many families visit Thailand to spend their holidays. Many couples even plan their honeymoon in Thailand. Basically, Thailand is able to provide the environment for every kind of tour. Thailand also offers you with some adventurous sports and this has attracted people to visit with their friends as well. Thailand gives you the pleasure of a great trip with your family or friends or if you are on an honeymoon.
Thailand is one of the major countries of Asia as far as tourism is concerned. There is a small list of the countries in Asia which provide a great environment for all kinds of tours and Thailand comes fairly on higher ranks. This list contains countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Maldives, etc. Thailand has many beautiful places and many ideal things to do for a vacation. It also provides great shopping experience. Before visiting any country, you get to have a visa to that country. Now, if you are planning your trip or vacation to Thailand, you must know about the visa formalities for Thailand. These formalities are discussed below:
You can have visa for Thailand for work, education, tourism or for other different activities. Royal thai Embassy holds all the responsibilities of issuing visa which is working under the MFA Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand.
Types of Thai Visa:
Education visa : This visa is issued when you are going to attend any training or course in Thailand. For obtaining this visa every applicant should have offer letter, admission letter for applying to education visa.
● This visa is valid for 3 months, 6 months and after multiple entries on visa validity can rise up to year.
● Stay period should be of 90 days
● Required documents are cover letter, admission letter, passport, return tickets, proof of accommodation, proof of sufficient fund.
● Application fee is 2000 baht
For all tourism purpose related visit to Thailand, one can apply for this visa. On single entry scheme this visa is valid for 3 months, 6 months and even on multiple entry scheme its validity becomes upto one year.
● Visa validity is for 3 months
● 60 days is the period of stay
● Important documents are passport, recent photograph, return tickets, proof of fund and accommodation
● For per entry application fee is 1000 baht and for per family it is 4000 baht.
If you wish to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand with your family, you can apply for dependent visa.
● 3 Months is the Visa validity which can increase by entry schemes
● 90 days is the stay period
● Documents are all required of every family member.
● 2000 baht is fee for one entry.
Method of Thailand visa application:
Online application method : Applicant apply for online visa from the website of Global VFS. Based on your location any of the below Thailand visa application centre will be selected
● The Royal Thai Embassy Delhi
● The Royal Thai consulate chennai
● The Royal Thai consulate Mumbai
Every Indian passport holder can apply for VOA visa on arrival scheme, the stay period under this scheme will be of 15 days. 1000 baht is the mandatory application fee. And you should have sufficient amount of 10,000 baht for each.
Offline application method:
You can visit any of the Royal thai consulate centre and submit the application form along with the all documents. This method is a bit time consuming one but many people prefer this method as well.
This was all about Thailand Visa. Before visiting Thailand, you must have all the above knowledge.